Temporary Trading Halt
An extraordinary general meeting will be held for EcoBiotics Limited on 6 July 2017 to consider a scheme of arrangement for the Company. The Notice (and explanatory material) for the meeting will contain price sensitive information. EcoBiotics Limited will be placed in a trading halt from 5pm on 19 May 2017 until 5pm on 13 June 2017.
The Notice will be mailed and emailed by the company to shareholders on or about 9 June 2017.
Please note that share transfer forms dated prior to the commencement of the trading halt but provided to Link Market Services after 19 May 2017 will be processed.
Steps for Buying or Selling Shares
EcoBiotics Limited ("the Company" or "EcoBiotics") is an Australian unlisted public company and therefore there is no recognised secondary market for trading the Company's shares. You should view an investment in EcoBiotics shares as a long term investment with limited liquidity.
However, in some cases shareholders may be able to sell shares. A shareholder may notify EcoBiotics if they would like to sell shares and be placed on a register of potential sellers. Similarly, an investor may notify EcoBiotics that they wish to buy shares and be placed on a register of potential buyers.
EcoBiotics maintains a register of potential buyers and sellers of shares. Buyers and sellers need to contact each other and negotiate a tansfer. EcoBiotics does not guarantee to shareholders that there will be a buyer for their shares at any time, or for the price desired or required.
Potential buyers and sellers wanting to buy or sell shares can follow the steps set out below to buy or sell shares:
- The BUYER/SELLER complete the form 'Registration of interest to buy or sell shares in EcoBiotics Limited' ("Registration Form") and forward the signed form to the Company as directed on the Registration Form.
- When the Company receives a completed Registration Form from a BUYER, the Company will forward (by email) the BUYER the current list of registered SELLERS.
- When the Company receives a completed Registration Form from a SELLER, the Company will forward (by email) the SELLER the current list of registered BUYERS.
- Registered BUYERS and SELLERS may request updated BUYER/SELLER lists from time to time and may also request that they be removed from the relevant lists on which they have previously registered. To request an updated BUYER/SELLER list or be removed from the relevant list please email the Company on the email address listed below.
- The BUYER and SELLER ("the Parties") must liaise directly in relation to the price and number of shares to be transferred. The Company will have no involvement in determining the terms of the sale or purchase between the BUYER and the SELLER.
- If the Parties are able to agree upon the number of shares to be transferred and the price for such transfer, the BUYER and SELLER must complete the Link Market Services ("Link") Standard Transfer Form ("the Transfer Form").
- Once the BUYER has transferred the funds to the SELLER as mutually agreed, and once the funds have cleared, the completed Transfer Form must be sent to the share registry for processing at the following address:
Link Market Services Limited
Locked Bag A14
SYDNEY SOUTH NSW 1235
- Once a Transfer Form has been processed by Link, BUYERS who are existing shareholders will receive an updated Holding Statement reflecting the share purchase at the end of the calendar month. If the BUYER is a new shareholder, the BUYER will receive a Holding Statement and new shareholder information from Link within approximately 7 business days.
- Once the share transfer has been completed, the BUYER and SELLER should notify the Company to be removed from the relevant list.
- Link will provide the Company with details of the share transfer once the Transfer Form has been processed by Link.
Should you require further assistance, or if you would like an updated BUYER/SELLER list or be removed from the relevant list, please do not hesitate to contact Michael Wenzel by email at Michael.Wenzel@ecobiotics.com.au
The Company is unable to provide a buy or sell price.
From time to time, the Company is required to calculate an estimated market value of the Company's shares for accounting and taxation purposes. The Company uses the weighted average transaction value of off-market share transactions for a period of 60 days leading up to the measurement date to calculate the estimated market value. The calculated value is then analysed against a historic trend and adjusted for any transactions which may have involved distressed sellers or non arms length transactions. This calculation is not a valuation of the Company.